M & T Event Entertainment’s Quality Assurance
Hiring a DJ can be a scary thing. Quality and trust are very important when choosing someone to be in charge of your special day. I strive to provide a higher quality event for you and your guests.
1. The DJ that you were promised is the DJ you will see. Only acts of God such as floods, earthquakes, etc. will keep us from performing. If this were to occur, I offer a full calendar year to schedule a new date. I am not a talent agency. There is never a bait and switch.
2. Choosing quality music selections is just a small part of helping you with planning your event. There is unlimited phone consultations, emails, and 24/7 access to my online planner as well. Even though it may seem that you are only booking me for 3 to 6 hours, in reality, I log 15-30 hours or more planning for your special event.
3. Coordination with your other professionals is very important to me. This means you can rest assured that everyone from your photographer, videographer, caterer, etc, will be on the same page during your special event.
4. My attire is properly represented for your event. You have the choice of casual to full-formal, and I will be dressed to fit your event.
5. The performance starts on the day and hours stated in your contract. With the exception of any Acts of God such as floods, earthquakes, etc. prevent me from performing. I will arrive at your event at least 2 hours before the agreed start time.
6. Songs will be ready for your special dances as long as I receive them 2 weeks prior to your event. I need time to find out if they are commercially available. If the song is unavailable and you can provide the song in an mp3 format, I will be glad to accommodate your request.
7. My sound system assures quality professional equipment and not home stereo equipment.
8. My conduct assures professional, courteous conduct and interaction with you and your guests during your event. I do not drink alcoholic beverages at your event and you will never hear foul language from me.
9. I take direction from you, including but not limited to volume adjustment and music content.
10. M & T Event Entertainment uses professional sound and dance lighting and I guarantee to always have backup equipment at your event, just in case of any malfunction.
11. Requests are possible as long as I am given your requests at least 2 weeks prior to your event. Requests must be commercially available and radio-edited. I will also be happy to play requests for your guests that are approved by you.
12. Only clean radio-edited music free of all foul language will be played. You are free to submit playlists and DO NOT PLAY lists
This is not just a sales pitch. I will always take responsibility for something that is within my control.
M & T Event Entertainment’s Beliefs
In listening. I know that you have a lot to say.
That no event should ever have to be the same as any other event. Your guests will love it!
That everyone deserves to be my best work. Be my Mona Lisa.
Asking why. Every choice has a story behind it. Tell me why.
Using my knowledge and experience to create a positive impact for you and your guests. This creates the memories that you will remember for the rest of your life.
You can have fun planning an event. Grab some margaritas and cut loose!
You have every right to be a guest at your own event. Enjoy yourself.
The best ideas always come from you. I can’t wait to hear them.
It’s okay to change your mind. After all, it’s your day.
I should work with you, not for you. Let’s get to work.
Showing up, spinning tunes and making announcements is only a small part of what I do. A very small part.
Music should be obtained legally. I sleep well at night.
I should be a legal entity (licensed and insured). No fly-by-night operation here.
Arriving early to any event is a must. Better late than never doesn’t work in this business.
Consuming alcohol during my performance leads to poor decisions, so we choose not to. Go ahead..you can have mine.
No profanity or inappropriate content should ever be a part of my music selections or while I am on the microphone. Grandma will be so proud…
My employees should represent the same professionalism and conduct that I demonstrate. I shall call him…Mini-me.
I deserve to make a fair and honest profit based on my talent and experience. Contrary to popular belief, it takes money to run a business.
Doing things the right way, not the easy way. It’s not easy but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Owning the results of the decisions I make.
Saying “I am sorry” when I make mistakes. Shocking, I know.
Taking full responsibility for things that are in my control. The buck stops here.
Saying ‘Please’ and ‘Thank you’ and ‘Sir’ and ‘Ma’am’. There is always room for respect.
I should never, ever stop learning. Ever.
Knowing what others don’t so that I can do what others can’t. Go ahead…put me to the test.
It isn’t bragging if it’s true. Is that wrong?
The power of fuzzy kittens. They’re so fluffy!