Top 10 Questions to Ask Your DJ
1. Are we guaranteed the DJ of our choice on the day of our event?
A written contract with your specific DJ protects you from unprofessional operators.
2. How many years of experience do you have?
Experience brings knowledge to common problems and situations. Be sure your DJ has experience with your type of event.
3. May we contact your references?
References are a major part of the entertainment business.
4. Do you belong to any professional associations or trade groups?
An involved business person shows a willingness to learn, network and share ideas. Belonging to a professional trade group reflects a caring attitude.
5. Will you allow requests?
Requests should be welcomed. If a song seems inappropriate, a good DJ will ask you for an alternative selection. Professional Deejays use clean edits of any musical requests.
6. How early will you be there to set up your equipment?
An average of 60 minutes should be allowed for set up and sound check. Normally there is no additional charge for this service.
7. How will you be dressed?
Proper attire reflects a positive image to your guests.
8. Are you insured?
Insurance is a part of any legitimate business. Liability and casualty policies protect your guests and the
9. Do you use professional gear?
Using professional sound equipment helps ensure reliable service and quality presentations.
10. Will you provide an emergency backup system at our event?
Weddings and special events are often a once in a lifetime opportunity. A backup system will protect your investment.
Good luck and enjoy the celebration!!